Braised Red Cabbage
Easy and delicious red cabbage recipe. Perfect as side dish for any festive feast! Not only is it full with Vitamins A, C and K but also a good source of potassium ;)
- 1 Apple
- 1 Orange
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Lemon
- 15g Dark chocolate (ca.70%)
- 1 Jar/ca.400g Red Cabbage
- a bit of oil
Cut the onion into fine dices, squeeze the lemon and the orange. Grate the apple and drain the red cabbage.
- Saute the onions in a large pan.
- Add the grated apple, red cabbage as well as the orange and lemon juice.
- Lastly add a piece of dark chocolate and braise everything for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
Of course you can substitute the jar of red cabbage for a fresh one. Just shred it into irregular pieces.