- 100g White quinoa
- 3Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 100g Tofu
- Black olives
- Pine nuts
- Lemon juice
- Handful of chives
- Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, add salt and pepper.
- Bake at 180 °C for about 35 minutes until soft.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer under cool, running water. Rub and swish the quinoa with your hand while rinsing then drain.
- Toast the quinoa for about 2 minutes in a saucepan with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add 300ml water (or vegetable broth), salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let stand covered for 5 more minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.
- Grate the carrot and chop the onion and bell pepper in small cubes.
- Saute the onion in a pan with oil.
- Add the grated carrot, tofu cubes, bell pepper and quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper and let stew for about 10 minutes.
- Add black olives and lemon juice.
- Fill the pumpkin with the quinoa mixture and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with chopped chives and lightly roasted pine nuts.