Great and easy recipe for dukkah. The vegan “Parmesan” is a mix of nuts and spices which can be used for a whole variety of dishes, salads and sandwich toppings.
- 1/2cup Chickpeas
- 1/4cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2cup Coriander seeds
- 3/4cup Sesame seeds
- 2Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2Tbsp Roman cumin seeds
- 1-2tsp Black peppercorns
- 1/2Tbsp Salt
- Spread the sesame seeds evenly on parchment paper.
- Roast them in an oven at 180°C for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the chickpeas and hazelnuts evenly on parchment paper.
- Roast them in an oven at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Toast the cumin, Roman cumin and coriander seeds in a hot frying pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and mix/pulse until you get a nice crunchy mix.
- Transfer it to a jar or an air tight container.
It is fantastic for sprinkling over soups, salads, pasta, PESTO, dips. You can spice it up a bit with toasted sunflower and fennel seeds. A great and versatile spice mix especially for vegan dishes