Forest Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms are a great source of B – vitamins and minerals! Besides, it`s a lot of fun to gather them in the woods :) Just make sure you pick the right ones!
- 500g Mushroom mix
- 3 Medium sized potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Parsley root
- 1/8 Celery root
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Glove of garlic
- 50g Butter or vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1L Vegetable stock
- 1tbsp Marjoram
- 1 Small handful of fresh parsley
Clean the mushrooms thoroughly, then slice the bigger mushrooms into even pieces. Peel and chop the potatoes, carrot, onion, parsley root and celery root. Mince the garlic glove.
- Heat the butter/vegetable oil in a big pot and saute the onions.
- When the onions are slightly golden, add the minced garlic and stir gently.
- Add the other vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes, stir the mixture frequently on medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, still stirring the mixture gently.
- Add the vegetable broth, bay leaves, marjoram and salt
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt and ground pepper to your taste.
- Serve with sprinkled freshly chopped parsley.