Easy recipe for chilli paste harissa. Delicious and versatile it really spices things up. Use it as a condiment for grilled meat, fish, roasted vegetables. Also fantastic as marinade or dressing.
- 120g Dried chili peppers
- 80g Dried tomatoes
- 50g Tomato paste
- 2Tbsp Olive oil
- 2Tbsp Paprika
- 1Tbsp Salt
- 1Tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1Tbsp Caraway
- 1Tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1Tbsp Cumin
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- Steep the dried peppers in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Toast the cumin, caraway and coriander seeds on a hot pan.
- Blend all ingredients to a thick paste, adding a bit of water if necessary.
- Fill in jars and cover with a bit of oil to conserve.
Instead of dried peppers you can use also fresh ones, keep experimenting with ingredients to match your taste :)