- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: min 3 days
- Portions: ca. 2kg
For the salad
- 2kg Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Green apple
- 1/2cup Cranberries
- 2Tbsp Salt
Prep: Wash the cabbage and put the biggest cover leaves aside.
- Cut and grate the cabbage.
- Grate the apple and the carrot.
- Cut the cranberries in half.
- Put the grated cabbage in a large bowl, add the salt.
- Knead the salted cabbage for 5-10 minutes until it releases juice.
- Add the grated apple, carrot and the cut cranberries.
- Cover with the cabbage leaves which were put aside.
- Weight down so that the cabbage is fully immersed in juice.
- Let ferment in a dark and warm place for at least 3 days.
- Put it into sealed containers.
You can leave it fermenting for about 2 weeks.