- Prep Time: 10h
- Cook Time: 1,5h
- Portions: 1 Jar
- 400 Chickpeas
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 3Tbsp Tahini
Prep: Soak the chickpeas in water for about 10h.
- Cook the chickpeas in fresh water for about 1,5h.
- Rinse the chickpeas and save some of the water for later.
- Put the chickpeas into a mixer.
- Add 1Tbsp of olive oil, the juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 cloves of garlic and some salt
- Mix it.
- Add a bit of the water from earlier as well as the tahini and blend till smooth.
- Serve with a bit of olive oil.
There are numerous possibilities of spicing this up. You could add some toasted sesame seeds, cumin, paprika, cayenne, leafy herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, olives,…or anything else you fancy :) .