- 400g aubergine
- 250g dry apricots
- 400g onions
- 40g walnuts
- 400ml vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 -3 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 -3 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 – 1 tsp freshly ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp freshly ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp syrup of pomegranate
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 small pomegranate
- Cut the washed aubergines into 2 cm wide pieces.
- Put them into a bowl, add 1-2 tsp of salt, stir and put it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the onions into large pieces and saute until soft.
- Drain the aubergines and dry them with paper towels.
- Add the aubergine pieces to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- In the meantime dice the apricots, add them to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Remove the lid and let the fluid reduce.
- Add the spices, pomegranate syrup and salt. Stir the mixture gently.
- Chop the walnuts into larger pieces and roat them.
- Put the finished mixture into a serving plate and sprinkle with walnuts, pomegranate seeds and leaves of thyme.
Feel free to spice it up to your own liking :)