Our take on this easy and tasty recipe. Each step inspired by a different 20th century artist…
- 200g Crookneck pumpkin, peeled
- 150ml Apple juice
- 1-2 Bay leaf
- 2 Clove
- 3-4Tbsp Apple vinegar
- 2,5Tbsp Date syrup
- Black pepper
- 1/4-1/2tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2tsp Allspice, ground
Wash and peel the pumpkin. Remove all seeds and cut it into even pieces.
- Mix the apple juice with the pumpkin chunks, cloves and bay leaves in a casserole or deep baking sheet.
- Put it in the oven at 180 °C and let simmer for about 20min until the pumpkin softens.
- Remove the cloves and the bay leaves.
- Put it into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add the apple vinegar, syrup, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and allspice and mix again.
- Pour the finished ketchup into lockable containers and keep it refrigerated.
You can spice the ketchup up to your taste. Consume it within one week.