- 1 (ca800gr) Pumpkin
- 1 Onion
- 1stems Lemon grass
- 1500ml Vegetable broth
- 50ml Olive oil
- 1 Chili pepper
- 50gr Fresh coriander
- 50gr Garlic
- 20gr Galangal root or ginger
- 2 Limes
- 200ml Coconut cream
- 2tbsp Vegan fish sauce
Cut the lemon grass in 3 – 4 pieces, cut the galangal root in slices, cut the pumpkin into cubes, peel and juice the limes, remove the seeds from the chilli pepper and cut it finely, chop the coriander.
- Add the lemon grass, galangal root and lime peel from one lime to the broth.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 min then decant the broth.
- Sauté the pumpkin cubes together with onions, garlic and chilli pepper for about 5 minutes in oil.
- Add the coriander and the broth.
- Add the fish sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth and add the coconut cream and lime juice.
Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds and a bit of oil.