- 250g dried figs, hard stems removed
- 150ml quality Rum
- 100g natural almonds
- 150g cashew
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Cut the figs into slices and marinate them for 24 hours in rum.
- Put the marinated figs into the mixer and blend it until they turn into a sticky paste.
- Coarsely ground the almonds and 2/3rd of the cashews.
- Combine the fig paste, half of the ground nuts and the vanilla seeds in a bowl. Mix it well until the ingredients reach the consistency of play dough.
- Wet your hands to prevent from sticking and form little balls out of the dough.
- Put a cashew into each ball and then roll them in the leftover ground nuts.
- Transfer them to a cookie box or a container and keep them in a cool place or fridge.
You can stick them into the freezer for 30 min before transferring them to a bag or container, this way they will not get dent so easily.