- 500g Carrots
- 1 Diced onion
- 1Tbsp Ground coriander seeds
- 60ml Vegetable oil
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1pinch Chilli powder
- Black pepper
- 80g Chopped walnuts
- 1-2Tbsp Vinegar
- 1tsp Salt
Grate the carrots into long fine strings.
- Sauté the onions until light golden and take from the heat.
- Add the peeled & pressed garlic cloves, coriander seeds, the spices and the chopped walnuts.
- Mix everything with the carrot strings.
- Add the vinegar and salt.
- Mix everything well and transfer into a closable container.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator over night.
Great side dish also for festive occasions. By the way, it`s delicious as sandwich topping combined with hummus.