- 1 Cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp red lentil flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- soy milk (any plant-based milk will do)
- salt & pepper
- cornbread crumbs
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly.
- Separate the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets for 1 minute in boiling hot water, then cool them down in ice water.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, sweet paprika powder, and smoked paprika in a big bowl.
- Add slowly the plant-based milk whilst stirring until the batter is thick.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, then cover them with cornbread crumbs.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20minutes – until the crust is golden and crunchy.
You can add more spices and herbs to the batter according to your taste. Serve with barbecue sauce or soyanaise.