- 4 zucchini
- 3 Nori leaves
- 50g peeled sesame seeds
- 1Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 5 small dried chili peppers
- 4-5 tsp horseradish spread
For the Cashew Ricotta:
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water overnight, then rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp Curcuma
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small shallot
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- Wash and peel the zucchini.
- Slice the zucchini into about 2mm thin slices and cut the ends off.
- Chop the chili peppers finely.
- Chop the shallot in big chunks.
- Blanch the zucchini slices by first submerging in boiled salted water for about 1,5 minutes. Then cooling the slices down in ice water.
- Put the zucchini slices on paper towels and carefully dry them.
- In a blender or food processor blend cashews with the cut-up shallot and lemon juice, add a little bit of water if necessary.
- Remove from blender and place the cashew mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the Curcuma, paprika, salt, and yeast. Mix.
- On a dry pan lightly toast 50g peeled sesame seeds until golden.
- Let them cool, then mix with the chopped dried peppers and the black sesame seeds.
- Cut the Nori sheets with a sharp knife first into long strips, then into small rectangles (about 1cm on the longest side).
- Place each zucchini slice in front of you. Spoon the cashew ricotta onto the zucchini slices.
- Top with a bit of horseradish spread and sprinkle with the sesame mixture and cut up Nori sheets.
- Roll the zucchini up and secure it with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the top again with a few sesame seeds and Nori mixture.
Instead of horseradish spread, you can use wasabi.