- 1 small Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 Turnip
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Spring onion (optional)
- 1 cup Spelt (soaked overnight )
- 1 cup torn leaves Cavolo Nero or Kale
- 1-2 sticks Rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Chop the onions, turnip and pumpkin into even squares. Cut the rosemary finely and tear the cavolo nero leaves in small pieces.
- Rinse the soaked spelt and boil it in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the chopped turnips and pumpkin with a bit of olive oil and chopped rosemary.
- Spread the mixture on parchment paper and bake at 175°C for about 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and add onions, cavolo nero and spelt.
- Mix it all with a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
You can use any kind of pumpkin and instead of spelt you can use also buckwheat. Actually you can use any root vegetable but don`t forget to adjust the baking time.