Ingredients for the roasted Pepitas (Pepitas = shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 cups pepitas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder or 1- 2 tsp fresh chili minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Line an oven sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients and spread them in a single layer on a prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. The seeds should be golden and crunchy.
Ingredients for the Salad
- 1 bunch of kale ( stems removed)
- 1 small Hokkaido Pumpkin ca 150g (cleaned and peeled)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/ 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, cut the raw Pumpkin into paper-thin 2-5 cm strips. Cut or tear the Kale into medium pieces. Place everything in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the mixture and massage it into the leaves and pumpkin strips, until they are thoroughly coated. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes (15 is better).
- Toss together with the roasted pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper. Taste and add additional seasoning if needed. Enjoy!
You can replace the raw pumpkin with apple slices.