- 12 big Potatoes (1 per pancake)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil (for frying)
Peel and grate the potatoes (don`t grate too fine).
- Mix the grated potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Form thin patties (ca. 1cm thick).
- Either fry in a pan with olive oil or bake in the oven without oil until golden on both sides.
- After frying in a pan, put the pancakes on paper towels and let the excess oil drip off.
There are no limits on ingredients and spices you can use for this wonderful comfort food. Just chop them up finely and mix it with the grated potatoes. Here some of our favorite combinations:
Garlic & Marjoram, or Onion & Thyme, or Carrot, Parsley root & Red Lentil Flour, or Garlic & Zucchini, or Chili, Garlic, Cumin, Onion & Kale
You can even try it out as a sweet dessert! In Germany, it is very popular to eat basic pancakes with an apple and cinnamon sauce. The possibilities are unlimited, it is the perfect dish to let your creativity run wild!